We all know what traffic light colours mean. And the brown, blue and green-yellow wires in a plug are instantly understood. But does everyone involved in ordering your signs know what the colours and shapes of health and safety signs signify? Here’s a handy reminder for you to share.
- Blue circles are mandatory signs which tell you, your staff and customers what you must do.
- Red circles with a line tell everyone what they must not do. They’re prohibitive signs.
- Black and yellow triangles are warning or hazard signs and show you must take care.
- Green and white squares or rectangles provide information about emergency escape routes, safe conditions or first aid.
- Red squares or rectangles provide information about fire safety and fire equipment.
The Indepth Sign Design safety signs catalogue has a vast range of essential signs. Take a look.